Friday, April 1, 2011

White Chick of the Week: Brooke Wenth

It’s always a sincere pleasure receiving emails from folks nominating either a BFF or themselves to be White Chick of the Week. But I also take a lot of pride when I hand pick a WCOTW out of my own circle of friends. Not only is it reassuring to know I associate with such quality people, but it’s a huge ego boost to think someone worthy of WCOTW status would choose to associate with me.

I met this week’s WCOTW a little over a year ago through some mutual friends in Atlanta. We had a large group congregating for some backyard tailgating on July 4th before we all shipped off to go see Phish perform that night. There was a small group of folks circled up, eating delicious grilled items and sipping cold beers, and I was discussing an idea I had for a new blog endeavor–a comical (hopefully it’s funny? It’s funny, right?) take on the wonderful wealth of things that White Chicks are particularly fond of. She seemed enthused, offered a view suggestions of her own and helped approve of a few topics I already had in mind. So it’s cool to think she was a supporter of WWCC before it was even officially in existence, and I cannot thank her (or even you, dearest reader) enough for supporting the blog.

So along with being a fabulously radical White Chick (which, of course, is the top prerequisite of being bestowed such an honor) she also was present at the conception of my half-witted idea that would eventually turn into What White Chicks Cherish. As always, it’s an esteemed pleasure to introduce this week’s White Chick of the Week. Dear readers, you are now extremely privileged to meet Brooke Wenth. (Feel free to give her some Twitter love @bKwenth

BIO

Age: 32
College/Major: Savannah College of Art & Design / Photography
Occupation: Studio Manager
Current City: NYC
Hometown: Decatur, Alabama
One Quick Interesting Fact About Brooke: I hiccup at least once a day .. everyday. It is usually just one singular hiccup every single day. 

BROOKE’S FAVORITES

Chick-fil-A Combo Meal: Living in NYC I miss out on Chick-Fil-A ... it's definitely a "hole in my heart" situation. Whenever I head South, getting my chicken nugget fix is a must but since I don't get to go that often, i couldn't begin to tell you which combo meal it is but it's definitely the chicken nugget one with an iced tea or if I'm living dangerously, a Dr. Pepper!

Non-threatening Singer-Songwriter: Ryan Adams .. though I think he could fall in the threatening category

Brand of Ridiculously Expensive Blue Jeans: The ridiculously expensive jeans is where I might fall short in my white chick status .. lately I've been wearing American Eagle. Considering how much I spend on concerts & fancy dinners, this is probably a good thing.

Boutique Cupcake Flavor: Pistachio & Red Velvet

White Chick Flick: Devil Wears Prada .. this is my go-to movie when in any sort of bad mood.

Favorite white chick adult beverage: BOURBON

Favorite White Chick Lit: I love to read, it's the perfect way to pass time on the subway. I am currently reading Les Miserable but a favorite is the travel essay genre, particularly ones written by women. Check out Tales of a Female Nomad for a good white chick read.

Item of Accoutrement/accessorie: Nectarine Blossom & Honey Cologne from Jo Malone .. divine!!

WCOTW Q&A

When did you first realize you were a white chick?
It definitely has to be 1990 when I formed a babysitters club (a la the books). The first phone call at our very first meeting was from the postmaster telling me it was illegal to put fliers in people's mailboxes, d'oh!!

It's been a long week at work, tell us about your ideal white chick weekend.
A fabulous cocktail-filled dinner followed by a concert at one of NYC's many clubs. On any given night there is a handful of awesome bands to check out.

What are some the things you cherish most as a white chick?
Shoes!!! I think being a White Chick gives license to wear the most ridiculous shoes and I definitely wear my share. A current favorite is Jeffrey Campbell. Living in NYC though makes it hard, I generally walk everywhere I go and any given night out can result in a few miles. Ensuring a Ridiculous Shoe Success requires knowing what platform to heel ratio works for you. It can be done!!

Your wildest dreams come true and you have a chance to be a guest on Oprah, Ellen or Live with Regis&Kelly but only ONE: What did you do to become famous and which show would you want to appear on?
I'd definitely pick Oprah .. or as I call her, Oprah Girlfriend. My celebrity status would definitely have come from creating a media empire .. complete with magazines, an advertising agency and maybe a record label.

Tell us a something about you that is very un-white chick.
I generally dislike monograms. Why does everyone need to know that my initials are BMW?

Are you a Twilight fan despite being a full grown adult? Why?
I confess that I inhaled the books .. every good white chick loves a guilty pleasure. The movies though, not so much. More so than Twilight, I love the Sookie Stackhouse books. They are Twilight with a hefty dose of smut.



Help share What White Chicks Cherish on Facebook and Twitter.

Feel free to nominate yourself or any outstanding White Chicks you may know for WCOTW by emailing me at mark.pantsari@gmail.com.

And as always, please click on some ads!

No comments:

Post a Comment