Friday, February 18, 2011

White Chick of the Week: Amy Newton

Since the blog's inception, WWCC’s humble author has developed near-OCD fascination with scouring the Interwebs to hunt down any and all comments posted about the blog. One such event occurred about a week ago when the kind soul and true gentleman Mickey Cloud (@mickeycloud on Twitter) Tweeted some glowing remarks about WWCC to the universe.

A brief dialogue ensued in which Mr. Cloud, being the true benevolent gentleman that he is, inquired about nominating his own girlfriend to be WCOTW. Now, WWCC is always flattered by any such requests and will always try to accommodate (especially when the blog has been complimented in such a kind way.)

But Mr. Cloud’s request had a bit of a unique kicker...he was nominating his special lady friend as a Valentine’s Day present to her. As skeptical and cynical as WWCC’s humble author may be of the most contrived “holiday” in the world, it was nonetheless moving. Easily one of the most romantic acts ever witnessed. Ever. It would seem your humble author’s skeptical cynicism is merely an outer shell protecting a warm, gooey, hopelessly romantic center.

And WWCC would also like to offer a sincere apology to Mr. Cloud and his wonderful White Chick for not posting this until several days after Valentine’s Day. Nonetheless, I think you’ll agree that when it comes to true love, every day can, and should be, Valentine’s Day. And I also think you’ll agree that Mr. Cloud is one lucky bastard.

Presenting WWCC’s Valentine’s Day White Chick of the Week: Amy Newton

BIO

Age: 23
College/Major:
I have worn the honor of honors; I graduated from the University of Virginia. And of course, I majored in Art History.
Occupation:
Volunteer Coordinator / Development Associate for a Non-Profit Organization
Current city:
Norfolk, VA
Hometown:
Chesapeake, VA
One Quick Interesting Fact About Amy:
I know 150 capitals of the 195 countries in the world, according to Sporcle.

AMY’S FAVORITES

Chick-fil-A Combo Meal: #6 3-count Chicken Strips with Polynesian and Chick-fil-a Sauce; Sweet Tea
Non-threatening Singer-Songwriter:
Corey Smith
Brand of Ridiculously Expensive Blue Jeans:
Sevens…so cliché, I know, but I love my J-Brands too
Boutique Cupcake Flavor
: Pink Champagne
White Chick Flick
: I’ll go off the beaten path and say Center Stage but I do love How to Lose a Guy in 10 days, too.
Favorite white chick adult beverage
: Pineapple juice and vodka. I’m getting more into bourbon these days, but my staple is still the pineapple-vodka.
Favorite White Chick Lit:
The GRITS Handbook (Girls Raised In The South)
Item of Accoutrement/accessorie: Rosegold Michael Kors oversized watch

WCOTW Q&A

When did you first realize you were a white chick?

During a Girl Scout camping trip, I went up to the leader (who was my mom) and told her I was having a great time camping, but I had seen a Hilton Hotel on the way up the mountain, and thought that would be a more fitting place of shelter for us.

What are some the things you cherish most as a white chick?

Monograms – they’re on my towels, a bathing suit, the rear window of my car, my coozies, my jewelry box, pretty much everything I own; David Yurman; Gossip Girl; cowboy boots; reading People Style Watch

Your wildest dreams come true and you have a chance to be a guest on Oprah, Ellen or Live with Regis&Kelly but only ONE: What did you do to become famous and which show would you want to appear on?

Definitely Regis and Kelly; I’m famous for inventing the “Clueless Closet” iPhone app that is modeled after the opening scene in Clueless, where Cher picks out her clothes from her touch-screen computer. Wait, why am I giving away my billion-dollar idea…?

Your turn to turn the tides: briefly discuss something that white guys are particularly fond that you find comical.

Their love of girl pop – case in point: I was driving around town in my monogrammed Xterra this weekend and “Firework” came on. I turned it up and started signing along – but to my surprise, the loudest one in the car wasn’t me or Katy – it was my boyfriend, belting every word out at the top of his lungs. God forbid Ke$ha or “Party in the USA” comes on next.

If you could trade places with any famous white chick who would it be and why?

Kate Middleton! The world would then know what I’ve known all my life – I’m a princess!


Nominate yourself or a fabulous white chick friend to be WCOTW by emailing me at mark.pantsari@gmail.com.



Come say hi on Facebook and Twitter!



And help WWCC generate some paltry, passive income by clicking on some ads!

No comments:

Post a Comment