Monday, February 7, 2011

White Chick of the Week: Melissa Langston-Wood

WWCC has already introduced you to one top notch White Chick from The Creative Circus, and now you’re about to meet another.


As a grad school for weird kids, the Creative Circus is a two-year advertising portfolio for folks that want to work in the creative side of the advertising industry. As far as school experiences go, it was the most fun I’ve ever had questioning my talent and severely stressing over my career and financial future on a daily basis. Second in my heart only to my true alma mater of Clemson University, the Creative Circus is a pretty special place, chock full of some genuinely talented and super cool folks.


And the latest White Chick of the Week is about as genuine, talented and super cool as they come. Check out her portfolio and her blog, and I’m sure you’ll reach the same conclusion. Please give a warm, WCOTW welcome to Melissa Langston-Wood.



BIO:

Name: Melissa Langston-Wood (I should get bonus white chick points for my hyphenated name)

Age: 25

College/Major: Ole Miss/Marketing Communications

Current City: San Francisco

Occupation: Copywriter

Hometown: ATL, ho (quite possibly the whitest thing I could've written with the exception of Hotlanta)

One Quick Interesting Fact About Melissa: I'm trypophobic. Organic clusters give me goose bumps. Google it.

MELISSA’S FAVORITES:


Chick-fil-A Combo Meal: Number one with a diet lemonade
Non-threatening Singer-Songwriter: Joshua Radin. James Morrison comes in at a close second.
Brand of Ridiculously Expensive Blue Jeans: Joe's
Boutique Cupcake Flavor: Coca-Cola
White Chick Flick: Sixteen Candles
Favorite White Chick Adult Beverage: Blueberry vodka with soda and lime
Favorite White Chick Lit: Bergdorf Blondes by Plum Sykes
Item of Accoutrement/accessory: Ray-Ban Wayfarers. Or anything vintage.

WCOTW Q&A

When did you first realize you were a white chick?

The moment I opened my first issue of Teen Magazine and saw JTT with his sexy butt-cut and oversized B.U.M. t-shirt. And then did M.A.S.H. and put him as my number one for the "Husband to be" column.

It's been a long week at work; tell us about your ideal white chick weekend.

Well, considering the fact that I'm poor and only have an air mattress in my apartment, something free and outside. But if money wasn't an option I'd be somewhere in the Greek isles. Possibly on a boat.

What are some the things you cherish most as a white chick?

Boy bands, Chapstick, The Office, SEC football, dancing at weddings, Perez Hilton, and cheese dip

If you could be the contestant on any reality show (think The Bachelor, Top Chef, Project Runway, The Amazing Race, etc.) which one would you choose and why?

I don't know. I think in a perfect world I'd be on the Jersey Shore. In the real world I'm too white and too Southern. And MTV already filled the role of the vertically challenged, slightly swollen lush.

Your wildest dreams come true and you have a chance to be a guest on Oprah, Ellen or Live with Regis&Kelly but only ONE: What did you do to become famous and which show would you want to appear on?

Ellen. And I'm an actress who just won some sort of award and gave the most inspiring acceptance speech ever. Obvi.

Your turn to turn the tides: briefly discuss something that white guys are particularly fond that you find comical.

How much they think they relate to professional black athletes.


Tell us a something about you that is very un-white chick

My boyfriend is Indian. And he doesn't wear seersucker or croakies.

Are you a Twilight fan despite being a full grown adult? Why?

You know, I was hoping this question wouldn't be on here because I don't think it's fair for me to have to discuss why I like tweenage books about vegetarian vampires. I also like more intellectual and witty reading material from authors like Tom Wolfe and Chuck Klosterman, but you asked this question so specifically. And I hadn't planned on lying in this particular questionnaire so you've forced me to admit that not only do I read these books but I enjoy them. I am hooked on them. I want nothing more than for Edward to climb into my window and creepily watch me while I slumber. And I want a werewolf to vie for my love and affection. Until now, however, I have been able to keep that under wraps, sharing it only with my BFFs. You changed that. And I have become yet another stereotype in the sea of trendy, Caucasian women. I think you should pay for my ticket to the first installment of Breaking Dawn when it comes out in theaters. It's only fair.

If you could trade places with any famous white chick who would it be and why?

Tina Fey. She's a badass.


Nominate yourself or a fabulous white chick friend to be WCOTW by emailing me at mark.pantsari@gmail.com.

Come say hi on Facebook and Twitter!

And if you're the benevolent type, click on some of the ads!

No comments:

Post a Comment