Sunday, October 10, 2010

White Chick of the Week: Leslie Herrel

Happy Sunday, dearest WWCC readers, and welcome to the second installment of White Chick of the Week (WCTOW).

Although our newest WCTOW took her sweet time doing her WCOTW homework, she has proven that certain things are indeed well-worth waiting for.

She been a supporter of WWCC since day one and has since become one of the few, proud members of the unofficial WWCC Brain Trust. She's played an immeasurable role in helping me come up with subject matter to cover and has been awesome in helping to spread the blog throughout the Internets. Plus, thanks to her obsession with her Blackberry, she is almost always reachable through G-chat to help answer any and all of my stupid questions about the behavior of white chicks whenever they should arise...which is fairly often. She is hilarious, incredibly witty, well-steeped in sass and everyone that knows her should express their endless gratitude that white chicks like her grace this wonderful universe.

So it is one of the greatest pleasures of my life to introduce WWCC's White of the Week: Leslie Herrel.

Bio:

Name: Leslie "I sleep with my Blackberry" Herrel (although if anyone wants to give me an iPhone I promise to night cuddle with it, too).

Age: I think I am going to start saying I'm 25. So, can we all just collectively pretend that we believe me? Thanks in advance.

College: Here's a hint, I wore black dresses, red necklaces and heels to football games (with a pair of flip flops in my purse, obvs).

College Major: Psychology (read: I didn't know what I wanted to do with my life).

Occupation: Sales (read: I still have no idea what I'm doing with my life).

Hometown: Hotlanta, GA. God, no I'm kidding. It makes me physically ill when people say "Hotlanta." Anyway, I'm really from Marietta but I'll be specific and say East Cobb because it sounds white girlier.

A quick, interesting fact about Leslie: I once had a quote published in one of those "Chicken Soup for the Soul" books. Google me.

What this White Chick Cherishes Most:

Chick-fil-A combo: Grilled chicken sandwich with extra pickles...mmmm. Either a Coke Zero or a Diet Lemonade to drink.
Non-threatening Singer-songwriter: Ryan Adams
Brand of Ridiculously Expensive Blue Jeans: Joe's Jeans or Sevens.
Boutique Cupcake Flavor: I don't know. I mean, I guess I sort like them all. I celebrate the entire catalogue.
White Chick Flick: "Overboard"
Preferred Form of White Chick Accoutrement: Scarves. No, boots. Wait, are boots accessories? Hmmm...scarves.
Adult Beverage of Choice: wine.

WCOTW Q&A:

When did you first realize you were a white chick? I shall never forget my maiden voyage to this blog, this collection of brilliance insightfully named "What White Chicks Cherish." Before I discovered this, my own personal mecca, I was just a little girl lost, feeling so alone and displaced in this large, unfriendly world. I scrolled through entry after entry, tears streaming down my face, clutching my Samsung netbook like a newborn child. I DO love that Journey song! And Cupcakes!!?!?! And, oh God, Chick-fil-A?....There ARE people like me out there. Streaming tears turned into full on sobs, peppered with soulful laughs. I hugged my cat just a little tighter. It was then that I realized who I am. I AM A WHITE CHICK.

If you could appear on any reality TV show which one would you choose and why? I was on "TRL" once in high school during the Carson Daly days, is there any possible way to top that? I thought not. (Shit, I just dated myself, didn't I? How am I supposed to pass for 25 now? Do any of you dear white girl readers even remember "TRL"??) Ok, I change my answer to "Singled Out" with Jenny McCarthy and Chris Hardwick. Damnit, I did it again.

Has there been a WWCC post you disagree with? Please discuss. Which one do you disagree with? Yes, you, the one reading this. Cute shirt, by the way. So wait, which one? OMG, me too! Who does this Mark Pantsari guy think he is? I don't even LIKE that one thing he said. You're so right. We're totally clicking now, aren't we?? And what kind of name is Pantsari, anyway?

Tell WWCC something about you that is very un-white chick? I really love beef jerky.


Do you or someone you know want to be the next White Chick of the Week? WWCC needs volunteers, so drop me a line at mark.pantsari@gmail and we'll make it happen.

Please help share the blog through Facebook and Twitter.



(Pantsari has Finnish origins, by the way)

4 comments:

  1. thanks for not saying that you know me in real life. i think our trivia at smith's old bar/date rape joke night is a sweet story. now i look like some creepy stalker who stumbled upon the blog and begged you to be a wcotw

    ReplyDelete
  2. Leslie has been blabbin about your blog for a while now! I've been reading it, but this is my favorite so far. Ah... Legs... That's some funny shit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i kid, pants. you know i got nothin but love for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. can i be white chick of the week at some point?

    ReplyDelete